On this week’s episode, we’re speaking with Sharon Gourlay from WheresSharon.com. Sharon and her family left their home in Melbourne, Australia in 2014 with the dream of a better lifestyle. Since then, they have built a successful travel blog and a series of other sites while visiting many countries in Asia and Europe with their preschoolers. They recently decided to return back home, which is something that a lot of digital nomads consider during their travels. You’ll hear how the Gourlays managed to build a successful location-independent business on the road, and how they were able to face the challenges of settling into life back home.
Tune in to this week’s episode to find out:
- What inspired Sharon and her family to lead a nomadic lifestyle.
- How Sharon was able to turn her blog into a location-independent source of income in about six months.
- Why the Gourlays decided to move back to Australia and become location-dependent again.
- How their children felt about traveling and how they feel about returning to Australia.
- The Gourlay family’s plans for the birth of their third child and how Sharon is going to take maternity leave from her online business.
- Sharon’s advice for location-independent families that are considering moving back home.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Home Along the Way
- Family Freedom: A Guide to Becoming a Location Independent Family
- How to Leave us a Review on iTunes
- Sounds of the Trail Podcast
- Episode #18: How to Face Your Naysayers
- Where’s Sharon on Facebook
- Digital Nomad Wannabe on Facebook