This week’s episode is the first in a three-part series about a topic that a lot of parents hold very dear: Babywearing. In this episode, Becky is speaking with Jay McMillin, a professional babywearing and lactation educator, and mother of a four year old daughter. Jay is also certified with the Center for Babywearing Studies and is the voice behind the blog Modern Babywearing. Jay is working to normalize the practice of Babywearing and has a lot of advice and knowledge to share on this topic. We believe that this is some really valuable information for location independent parents who are traveling with babies in tow.
Tune in to this week’s episode to find out:
- How Jay initially got interested in Babywearing and how she became certified in Babywearing studies.
- Why it is important to get your baby closer to your level.
- What to look for when researching the baby carrier that is right for you.
- The different types of carriers available and the practical uses for them.
- How Babywearing has changed Jay’s entire relationship with her daughter.
- The ways in which Babywearing can be beneficial for fathers as well.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Home Along the Way
- Family Freedom: A Guide to Becoming a Location Independent Family
- How to Leave us a Review on iTunes
- Location Independent Families on Facebook
- Babywearing International
- The Center for Babywearing Studies
- Kelty Junction
- Kanga Kid by Deuter
- Ergobaby 360
- Beco Gemini
- Soul Slings
- Lillebaby All Seasons Carrier
- Onya Baby – NexStep
- Baby Bjorn
- Osprey Packs
- Chicco Baby Carriers
- Moby Wrap
- Boba Wrap
- Baby Tula
- 5 Minute Recess
NomadTogether is on Pinterest! Choose a picture below and tap the pinterest Icon that shows up to pin this to a board.