On today’s podcast, I am speaking with Zane and Gretchen DeVault. The DeVaults are a pair of musicians with twin children, who have recently completed a their first location-independent fact-finding trip to Los Angeles. They have returned home to Michigan and are in the process of selling their belongings with the intention of traveling across North America. Listen in to hear how their lives have been challenged and changed. Their story is a fantastic example of how anyone can transition into the Digital Nomadic lifestyle.
Tune in to this week’s episode to find out:
- How Gretchen and Zane met and why they decided to become digital nomads.
- How Gretchen transitioned from running a location-dependent business to location independence.
- How the DeVaults planned and executed a two month test run of the digital nomad lifestyle.
- Why they have chosen Los Angeles as their next destination.
- How Gretchen has managed to be a member of a band location-independently.
- The surprising amount of success the DeVaults have had selling their stuff on Facebook.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Home Along the Way
- Family Freedom: A Guide to Becoming a Location Independent Family
- How to Leave us a Review on iTunes
- Zane DeVault on Twitter
- Gretchen DeVault on Twitter
- The Icicles
- Voluptuous Panic
- Oak Meadow Curriculum
- Moving Beyond the Page
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo