On today’s podcast I am going to be speaking with Ross and Mel Townson of FairMarketeers, a website that focuses on helping businesses be ethical in their hiring practices. It’s a much different perspective than most of us who own businesses have about hiring. Today’s interview will help you see how one couple can travel the world while running a business together and selling other businesses. In fact, they sold their most recent business just ten days before recording this podcast. This episode will touch on what it took for them to transition into location independence and what we can do as entrepreneurs to be more ethical in our hiring practices.
Tune in to this week’s episode to find out:
- How the Townsons met and how they decided to become digital nomads.
- How their wedding led to them starting their first business.
- Why Ross and Mel decided to sell their first two businesses.
- How the two of them manage to balance their business ventures and their relationship.
- Why they have chosen to launch FairMarketeers and what it means to them.
- Why cost of living is the most important thing to consider when hiring overseas employees.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Home Along the Way
- Family Freedom: A Guide to Becoming a Location Independent Family
- Episode #5: A Comprehensive Guide to Banking for Digital Nomads
- How to Leave us a Review on iTunes
- The Ethical Business Podcast
- The Dynamite Circle
- Rob Walling
- 135 List