Today’s podcast is the first of a two-part series about something that we all love, hate, need, want, and spend way too much time thinking about: money. In this first episode, we’re speaking with Joshua Sheats from RadicalPersonalFinance.com. You’ll hear Joshua talk about ways that you can save more, ways that you can spend less, and whether home ownership is really worth it. The financial tips that Joshua shares in this episode are fantastic and can apply to anyone who is listening, not just the nomads.
Tune in to this week’s episode to find out:
- What “Radical Personal Finance” means.
- How Joshua has been able to achieve a location-independent lifestyle, even though he lives a more traditional life.
- How Joshua got started in the world of personal finance.
- The biggest gap in the discussion of personal finance.
- How Joshua fundamentally thinks about money.
- Joshua’s advice for people who are trying to get a location-independent source of income.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Home Along the Way
- Family Freedom: A Guide to Becoming a Location Independent Family
- How to Leave us a Review on iTunes
- Location Independent Families on Facebook
- Radical Personal Finance
- Radical Personal Finance in the Google Play store
- Radical Personal Finance on the App Store in iTunes
- What Can We Learn About Finance from Dumpster Divers, Freegans, Vagabonds and Hobos? RPF0033
- The Forgotten History of Retirement: Who Actually Benefits When You Retire? RPF0013
- Northwestern Mutual
- Dave Ramsey
- Early Retirement Extreme
- Early Retirement Extreme by Jacob Lund Fisker
- Mr. Money Mustache
- The Millionaire Next Door by Dr. Thomas J. Stanley
- Amazon FBA
- The Five Flags Theory