On today’s podcast, you’re going to be hearing from Mike Cooney of CooneyWorldAdventures.com. Six years ago, Mike and his wife Catrell sold nearly everything they owned to take their three teenage sons on an adventure around the world. They wanted their sons to see the world and have a hands-on immersion education before heading off to college. This idea of taking a “Gap Year” to travel before beginning higher education isn’t new, but the Cooneys decision to do so as a family is a very unique and exciting way to do it.
Tune in to this week’s episode to find out:
- What it means to be a gap year traveler.
- How old their children were when they took the trip.
- Where the Cooneys traveled to and how long they traveled.
- How the Cooneys were able to afford to travel around the world for a year.
- One of the most difficult situations that the Cooneys faced on their trip.
- What kind of impact this trip had on the lives of their children.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Home Along the Way
- Family Freedom: A Guide to Becoming a Location Independent Family
- How to Leave us a Review on iTunes
- Florida Virtual School
- University of Central Florida
- Florida State College
- Disney’s Yellow Shoes
- The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet
- Cooney World Adventures by Michael Brian Cooney
- Cooney World Adventures on Facebook
- Grapefruit Seed Extract