On today’s episode, we are going to be talking about one of the greatest challenges of raising Third Culture Kids: saying goodbye. As digital nomads, traveling with our family means that we are often faced with having to say tough goodbyes to our loved ones back home, or the friends and people we meet in our travels. This can be especially difficult for young children. In this episode we are going to share six techniques that you can use to encourage your children to say goodbye well. The tips we share in this episode will help you ease your children through these difficult partings.
Tune in to this week’s episode to find out:
- The definition of a Third Culture Kid and why saying goodbye is so important to them.
- The importance of affording your children the opportunity to say goodbye.
- Why you should always get the contact information for the people that are special to your children.
- How Facebook has been a great tool in helping our children cope with goodbyes.
- Why you should teach your children that it’s okay to be sad when saying goodbye to someone.
- Ways to show your children how to move on and transition back into excitement.