On today’s episode, you will hear Paul talking with Lerato Majikfaerie about midwifery and natural birthing as a modern nomad. Lerato (LE-RRATO, Magic Farie) is a home birth midwife having practised remotely around South East Asia and a mother to a 13 year old daughter who was raised Unschooling and traveling around the world. Lerato is Very focused on natural living, and now based in Australia in the rainforest where they’re establishing an intentional community with a goal of creating a birthing house.
Lerato believes everyone should have the support to birth in the way they feel safe, no matter where they are in the world. For women who live in countries where natural birth isn’t widely supported, especially those living a nomadic lifestyle or as expansion, finding this kind of support is very challenging. With her work, she hopes to make that more accessible and safe for more women.
Tune into this week’s episode to find out:
- Hitchhiking with a baby from Patagonia to Canada, from cape Town to Amsterdam and from Australia to China
- Hospital Birth in Israel
- Hospitals in South East Asia
- Becoming a Nomadic Midwife in Thailand
- Ultrasound issues and Pelvis
- Scripts/Narratives – And the freedom to choose a different way to do life
- Having home in a backpack
- Unschooling and teaching kids to trust themselves
- About a Teenager who was raised in multiple countries “homeless”
- The Community in Australia and birthing children in a birthing house
Mentioned in the episode:
NomadTogether is on Pinterest! Tap the pinterest Icon that shows up to pin this to a board.