So many people wonder how location-independent lifestyles affect our kids. On this week’s episode, we hope to clear up some of those questions as we’ll be speaking with 15 year old world traveler Réka Kaponay and her father George Kaponay. Réka is no ordinary teenager. She is a published author of fiction who is currently traveling the world on a book tour. Stay tuned to hear Reka’s story and be inspired about the ways that our children can thrive as nomads.
Tune in to this week’s episode to find out:
- How long Réka and her family have been traveling and where they have been.
- What made Réka decide to start a travel blog and how she chose to become a writer.
- Why Réka’s parents decided to take their children out of the school system.
- What Réka’s first novel is about and what it was like for her to be published.
- Réka’s advice for other children who are in location-independent families.
- A new project that the Kaponays are launching to help people pursue their labor of love.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Home Along the Way
- Family Freedom: A Guide to Becoming a Location Independent Family
- How to Leave us a Review on iTunes
- Location Independent Families on Facebook
- Dawn of the Guardian
- Dreamtime Traveler
- Lily Cole
- I go to school but it doesn’t have four walls. My school is the world.
- Khan Academy
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
NomadTogether is on Pinterest! Choose a picture below and tap the pinterest Icon that shows up to pin this to a board.