On today’s podcast, we are speaking with Mike Boyink from Ditching Suburbia. The Boyinks have been on the road for over five years, and they have been raising two teenagers along the way. A location-independent lifestyle means taking teenagers away from their friends and outside of their comfort zone, so you can expect that some problems may occur. We have young children, and for some of them this is the only lifestyle they remember, so we are really curious and excited to find out how this lifestyle can work for parents of teenagers.
Tune in to this week’s episode to find out:
- Why the Boyinks decided to travel along the Mississippi river in an RV.
- How a one year adventure turned into a full-time nomadic lifestyle for their family.
- How the Boyinks have managed to stay out on the road for five years.
- What it was like for their children to transition into this lifestyle during their teenage years.
- Why Mike thinks it’s important for his children to learn humility and how to ask for help.
- Why the Boyinks believe they have built better, longer lasting friendships through traveling.