Today’s episode is going to be a little bit out of the ordinary. On this week’s show, you’re going to hear Becky speak with her good friend Cassandra Vore about a topic that both of them are very passionate about: radical unschooling. This a topic that can generate a lot of fear and confusion, so we’re hoping that this episode will clear a lot of things up for parents who are exploring these alternative schooling methods and teach those of you out there that are considering this that you can do things differently.
Tune in to this week’s episode to find out:
- The difference between homeschooling and unschooling.
- How the Vores made the decision to unschool their first child.
- What kind of reservations Cassandra’s husband had about unschooling and how they worked through them.
- Some of the biggest misconceptions about unschooling.
- What happens when you don’t have an answer to your child’s question.
- Why you need to set an example for your children that being an adult is awesome.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Home Along the Way
- Family Freedom: A Guide to Becoming a Location Independent Family
- How to Leave us a Review on iTunes
- Location Independent Families on Facebook
- Episode #24: Secrets to Passion and Success with Jeremy Vore
- Episode #5: A Comprehensive Guide to Banking for Digital Nomads
- John Holt
- Tidal Homeschooling
- Awesome Adulting by Julie Bogart
- Mothering.com – Unschooling Forum
- The Natural Child Project
- What is Unschooling? by Earl Stevens
NomadTogether is on Pinterest! Choose a picture below and tap the pinterest Icon that shows up to pin this to a board.