On last week’s episode, we spoke with Erin Bender about how her family makes money through travel blogging. This week’s guest has an even more unique source of location-independent income. Clark Vandeventer has a background in politics and has recently written a book titled “Backdoor to the White House”. That’s not why we have invited him on our show, though. Clark and his family have managed to turn a life event that many would consider to be a major failure into a means of making a living. Does that pique your curiosity? We don’t want to give away too many details, but this is one episode you don’t want to miss.
Tune in to this week’s episode to find out:
- The dream job that Clark landed before he became an author.
- What ultimately led Clark to pursue a career in politics.
- How a major failure in Clark’s political career forced his family to move in with his in-laws.
- How the Vandeventers began to create their patchwork sources of income.
- What made Clark decide to write a book about the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election.
- Clark’s advice for people who want to create their own patchwork income portfolio.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Home Along the Way
- Family Freedom: A Guide to Becoming a Location Independent Family
- How to Leave us a Review on iTunes
- Location Independent Families on Facebook
- Clark Vandeventer on Twitter
- Family Trek on Facebook
- Clark on Politics on Facebook
- The Reagan Ranch
- If by Rudyard Kipling
- Heavenly Resort
- Hackschooling Makes Me Happy
- Gary Johnson