On today’s show, we are speaking with Doug Duvall. We met Doug and his wife Marcy while we were camping in La Paz, Mexico and we thought they had one of the most unique location-independent situations we have encountered yet. Doug is a stay-at-home-dad, while Marcy is the main breadwinner in the family. The Duvall’s story is proof that you don’t need to follow the traditional western script in order to be a successful location-independent family.
Tune in to this week’s episode to find out:
- Why the Duvalls decided to become digital nomads.
- How their ten week vacation became a stepping stone to a location-independent life.
- What led to Doug eventually becoming a stay-at-home parent.
- How the Duvalls budgeted their first ten weeks and Mexico and how they budget now.
- The pros and cons of being a stay-at-home dad.
- How Doug and Marcy plan to school their children and the rest of their travel plans moving forward.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Home Along the Way
- Family Freedom: A Guide to Becoming a Location Independent Family
- How to Leave us a Review on iTunes
- Episode #19: From Alaska to Mexico with Saskia Esslinger
- Episode #12: Building a Business and Living Out of a Suitcase with Natalie Sisson
- Aquamarina RV Park
- The Khan Academy