On today’s show, Paul interviews Pam Laricchia to dig even further into the unschooling movement. Pam is a longtime unschooling mom from Ontario, Canada. Her three children left school 14 years ago. She loves writing about what she has learned through their experience, and has been published in a number of magazines. She has also written three books on the topic, and she regularly shares her experiences and stories on The Exploring Unschooling Podcast. Since there is no manual on how to do this, the wisdom and advice that parents like Pam share with us is crucial for those of us who are pursuing this new and exciting means of education.
Tune in to this week’s episode to find out:
- What essentialism is and how it applies to nomadic families.
- Why essentialism makes you rethink everything you are doing.
- What books have influenced their philosophies on location independence and essentialism.
- Why essentialism often means living life in different “seasons”.
- Some tips for people who are looking to delegate in their lives.
- How you can realign your priorities to match these values.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Home Along the Way
- Family Freedom: A Guide to Becoming a Location Independent Family
- How to Leave us a Review on iTunes
- Location Independent Families on Facebook
- Join a Mastermind
- Pam Laricchia
- The Exploring Unschooling Podcast
- Episode #31: Understanding Unschooling with Cassandra Vore
- Episode #44: The Culture of Worldschooling with Lainie Liberti
- Free to Learn by Pam Laricchia
- Free to Live by Pam Laricchia
- Life Through the Lens of Unschooling by Pam Laricchia